NEMISA is currently in the process of becoming the Ikamva National e-Skills Institute (iNeSI). This is an intergration of three entities, NEMISA, e-Skills Institute and the Institute for Satellite and Software Applications (ISSA).
The focus of the new entity is on developing e-skills capacity in South Africa by creating partnership framework that guides e-skills initiatives. NEMISA/iNeSI is part of the solution to ensure that South Africans have the necessary ICT skills (e-skills/digital skills)
The institute works on on a national, provincial and local level. Head Office being in Parktown, coordinates nationally and our Colabs focus on e-skilling on a provincial level.
The Colabs are based at universitites and each has an e-skills thematic focus.
1. The Northern Cape/Southern Gauteng Colab is based at the Vaal University of Technology and its focus is: Knowledg-based econom and e-social astuteness (e-literacy)
2. The Kwazulu-Natal Colab is based at the Durban University of Technolog and its focus is: e-enablement for effective srvice delivery.
3. The Western Cape Colab is based at the University of the Western Cape and its focus is: e-Inclusion and Social Innovation.
4. The Limpopo Colab is based at the University of Limpopo and its focus is: Connected Health
5. The Eastern Cape Colab is based at the Walter Sisulu University and its focus is : ICT for Rural Development
6. The North West Colab is based at the University of the North West and its focus is : e-agro Tourism
7. The Gauteng Colab (NEMISA) is based in Parktown and its focus is : Creative New Media